Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Drupal For Enterprise
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
Sun Microsystems, MySQL and the London Drupal Community are pleased to invite you to an evening event focusing on the benefits and challenges of using Drupal in your business, whether you're an established multinational or an ambitious start-up.
The evening will cover a number of topics relevant to the deployment of Drupal in a business, such as:
- Suitability of Drupal for Intranets, Knowledge Management and eCommerce
- How Drupal addresses the scalability and security needs of todays modern Enterprise
- Commercial, Enterprise Class support and services available for Drupal and associate infrastructure
For organisations evaluating Drupal or already using it, this event is a great opportunity to learn from the experience of other organisations, put your questions to the experts, and connect with the Drupal community, Acquia and MySQL.
The presentations are still coming in, so keep watching this space as we add more to the list:
- Enterprise 2.0 With Open Source Software (Mark Baker - MySQL)
- Enterprise Class Scalability For Drupal And MySQL (Mark Baker - MySQL)
- Building A Scalable Drupal Cluster On EC2 (Peter Brownell - Code Positive / School of Everything)
- Drupal Security Overview (Robert Castelo - Code Positive / Drupal Security Team)
- Enterprise Search Solutions For Drupal (Robert Douglass - Acquia)
- Drupal As A Configuration Management Database (Simon Croome - Nomura)
- Automatic Sales Reports For Thousands of Clients Via Drupal Integration (Darren Mothersele - Freelance Developer)
What is Drupal?
Based on it's feature set and the strength of it's community, Forrester Research recently recommended Drupal as one of the top web applications for enterprise use.
Out of the box Drupal is an application which provides a rich toolset to manage the content and behaviour of your website, including content management and advanced community building features.
Drupal is also framework for rapid development, so new features such as eCommerce can be quickly added by installing a plug in from a library of existing modules, over 2,000 currently available, or you can develop your own modules and plug them in.
Who's Using Drupal?
Sony, Universal, Warner Brothers, AOL, Yahoo, Adobe, Imagination, Pfizer, Price Waterhouse Coopers, and Sun Microsystems....and many other organisations. You've probably been to a Drupal site without realising it.
The event will be limited to 100 attendees. If it fills up before you get a ticket, please use the 'Contact the Host' link to let us know we need to get a bigger venue for the next event. Note that there is a pub below the venue, where the meeting will likely move after 9 p.m.
Thank You Sun & MySQL
Sun Microsystems is an active Drupal user, long term Drupal contributor, and as part of their Startup Essentials programme has very kindly provided us with an excellent venue for this event, which includes great presentation facilities, and will also be supplying drinks and nibbles. Thank you also to MySQL for helping to plan and publicise this event, and contributing two great presentations.
From Sun's announcement of the programme:
Join the Sun SSE programme to make sure that you get the enterprise scale innovation and support you need, at start up prices you want, to help make your company succeed now and in the future.
- Enabling Startups to succeed:
Join Startup Community forums and meet-ups
Technology to suit your needs; Hosting, Hardware, Software, Support
Leverage Sun’s own PR engine to drive awareness of your company
- No software costs, no license fees, Office Software for FREE
Open Office: the free and open productivity suite
Open Solaris: the free and open operating system
MySQL: the worlds most popular open source database
Be part of something special, we listen, we understand, we help you.
Sign up and join the community today: http://uk.sun.com/startups
(…don’t ask us, ask our customers; fav.or.it, Glasses Direct, and the rest)